Hands on Training for Optimization of MSW Collection and Transportation for Tirupati Municipal Corporation
December 04, 2014 Tirupati
The Government of Andhra Pradesh has advised all the Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) in the state to improve the current status of MSW management by preparing and implementing an action plan in a time bound manner. A hands-on training programme to support TMC in implementing the MSWM action plan for Optimization of MSW Collection and Transportation was conducted on 4th December 2014 at Dr. YSR Conference Hall, TMC. The training has been attended by Mr. T. Sakala Reddy, Commissioner TMC, concerned officials and all the sanitation staff of Tirupati Municipal Corporation.
The objective of the training program were Optimization of waste collection and transport for the following the key aspects of man power, vehicles, fuel efficiency and vehicular maintenance & operational costs.
Training outcomes and way forward
- Streetwise route map along with their road length shall be prepared by each of the workers pertaining to their beat. The map shall contain houses, commercial establishment etc, bin location if any, black spots.
- Sanitary Inspector will ensure that each workers shall prepare a table of houses, commercial institutions and other waste generators falling within his beat
- Each zonal inspector shall prepare the service level indicator table and furnish to the supervisor
- The format of data collection is enclosed for the reference
- Above data will be furnished and submitted to GIZ consultants for further analysis