Orientation Programmes on APIIC Industrial Environment Improvement Drive 2014
Orientation programmes were conducted for the Environment Sub-committees of Industrial Area Local Authorities (IALAs) of 14 zones of the Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corporation Ltd. (APIIC) that cater to 91 Industrial parks/SEZs so as to generate environmental awareness and plan the Industrial Environmental Improvement Drive (IEID) 2014.
The orientation programme was carried out and about 91 industrial parks are selected for IEID 2014:
- Visakhapatnam Regular zone on 23rd April, where 10 industrial parks were selected
- Visakhpatnam special zone on 23rd April, (2 IPs/SEZs)
- Kakinada Zone on 24th April (6 IPs/SEZs)Vijaywada Zone on 25th April (10 IPs/SEZs)
- Kurnool Zone on 28th April (7 IPs)Tirupati Zone on 2nd May (10 IPs)Nellore Zone on 3rd May (8 IPs/SEZs)
- Jeedimetla on 5th May (8 IPs/SEZs)Patencheru on 5th May (4 IPs/ SEZs)
- Karimanagar on 6th May (6 IPs/SEZs)Waranagal on 7th May (4 IPs/SEZs)
- Kadapa on 12th May (5 IPs/SEZs)Shamshabad on 27th May (11 IPs/SEZs)
Based on the success of the IEID 2013, the IEID 2014 has been conceptualised. The IEID 2013 covered about 75 Industrial Parks of APIIC spread across all its 15 zones in Andhra Pradesh. The Drive was a big success. The orientation programmes in various zones of APIIC helped in identifying the industrial parks where the Drive would be taken up and in planning IEID 2014.