Training Programme on "Treatment of Textile Industry Wastewater"
Under the Indo German Environment Partnership (IGEP) Programme, a one-day training programme on ‘Treatment of Textile Industry Wastewater’ was organized on 8th March, 2014 at Surat, Gujarat.
The training programme focused on:
- Treatment requirements for ETPs in textile industry and areas of intervention to achieve compliance
- Cleaner Production in textile industries
- Technical solutions for improving ETPs in textile industry
- Process optimization for improved wastewater in textile industry
- Optimizing an existing ETP – Case examples and practical exercise
- Operation and maintenance of ETPs of textile industry - case examples and practical exercise
Dr. Christian Kazner from FHNW (University of Applied Sciences and Arts, North Western Switzerland), was the lead international faculty for the training programme. Apart from him, Mr. Emmanuel Oertle from FHNW, speakers from GIZ, Enpro-Enviro and GCPC also deliberated on various specific topics.
The training programme had participants from the Textile Industry, CETP managers, technology suppliers and ETP solution providers.