Training of Trainers (ToT) on E-waste Management
Training of Trainers (ToT) on E-waste Management was organized by GIZ with the support of CPCB and MoEF from December 2-6, 2013. The aim of the ToT was to develop the capacities of state boards, relevant ENVIS centers as well as representatives of civil society. In this training program, representatives from selected institutions who could address the future training needs participated. The training program was organized as a part of GIZ’s Indo-German Environment Partnership (IGEP) Program, which aims to strengthen the capacities of stakeholders for better environmental management.
The overall objectives of the training program was to enhance the capacities of the participants to enable them to plan and conduct training programmes addressing the needs of the major target groups like regulators, informal and formal recyclers, producers and individual and bulk consumers.
The major topics which were covered during Training programme:
- E-waste and its management
- Formalization of informal sector working on E-waste recycling
- E-waste Management and Handling Rules
- Collection, Recycling and Disposal
- Designing Training programmes and IEC campaigns
- Field Visits
- Effective Training and Moderation Method