One-day Orientation Programme on “Identification of Infrastructure Requirements in Existing Industrial Parks”
A one-day orientation programme on “Identification of Infrastructure Requirements in Existing Industrial Parks” was conducted for the officials of APIIC and APPCB on 09th May, 2013 at Hotel Taj Deccan, Hyderabad. The Orientation Programme addressed the following key questions:
- What is the importance of existing Industrial Parks of APIIC?
- What are the issues of concern in the Industrial Parks of APIIC?
- What are the roles of different players relevant to the Industrial Parks of APIIC? (Stakeholder Analysis)
- Solutions for the Identified Concerns
- Identification of Infrastructure Requirements in the Industrial Parks
- Approaches for Implementation of the Identified Infrastructure Needs
- Environmental Improvement Drive - activities, targets, roles, schedules
- Proposed Green Industry Programme - activities, targets, roles, schedules
The Orientation Programme was a part of the ongoing APIIC-GIZ cooperation under the Indo German Environment Partnership (IGEP) Programme of the Indo German Development Cooperation.
Topics were covered through dynamic interactive sessions. The programme was attended by 24 officers from APIIC and APPCB. Mr. Raghu Babu Nukala, Senior Technical Advisor and Programme Coordinator of GIZ (IGEP) was the key resource person supported by R.Hrishikesh Mahadev, Junior Advisor, GIZ (IGEP) Cell at APIIC.
The highlight of the Orientation Programme was the interaction with the participants by Mr. Jayesh Ranjan, Vice Chairman & Managing Director of APIIC participants. He explained in detail the purpose of the 1-month long “Industrial Environment Improvement Drive” that is planned to cover more than 70 industrial parks of APIIC during June 5th to July 5th, 2013, activities to be taken up and the commitments needed from the staff of Zonal Offices of APIIC to make the programme a success.