Stakeholders from ALEAP GRIP
Third ALEAP Stakeholders Meeting on the Green Industrial Park (GRIP), Nandigama
The 3rd stakeholders meeting on the concepts and designs of the proposed ALEAP’s Green Industrial Park (GRIP), Nandigama was held on 28th February, 2013 at ALEAP Industrial Estate, Gajularamaram, Hyderabad. The entrepreneurs that would have their businesses in the industrial park, representatives of ALEAP, Murty & Manyam and GIZ (IGEP) were present.
The Green Industrial Park (GRIP) is envisioned to be a model sustainable industrial park that provides conducive environment for women entrepreneurs, that employs state-of-the-art technologies Including clean technologies, renewable energy technologies, environmental technologies, cost-effective common infrastructure and efficient management systems. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is providigntechncial support to ALEAP in the planning of GRIP, under the aegis of the Indo German Environment Partnership (IGEP) Programme, which is jointly implemented by the Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) of the Government of India.
One of the priority areas of the ongoing Indo German Development Cooperation is “Urban and Industrial Environmental Policy & Management”. The Indo German Environment Partnership (IGEP) Programme forms a part of this priority area, under which technical cooperation is being provided to the identified Indian partner organisations by GIZ, on behalf of the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). Under the Sustainable Industrial Development component of the IGEP Programme, “Planning of New Industrial Parks and Investment Zones” is one of the three core topics.
In the 3rd stakeholders meeting, the discussions started with an introductory note from Ms. Rama Devi, President, ALEAP. Ms. Rama Devi summarised the minutes of meeting with the Chief Secretary of AP held on 8th December, 2012. She thanked GIZ for their contribution in the project and visit to Auroville and their advisory inputs in the master plan. She has also mentioned about possibilities of taking loan from kFW at lower interest rate.
A presentation on draft design concept and site master planning by made jointly by Mr. Hrishikesh Mahadev, GIZ (IGEP) and Mr. Raghuram, Murty & Manyam. The presentation included details of objective, vision, site location, design concepts, Green Spine, Green Building concepts, internal and external fencing, storm water management, wastewater management, energy management and layout of administrative and services blocks. Also, the presentation included entrepreneurship opportunities in the Green Spine, waste management, safety and security measures, USPs of the project and mandatory directions from ALEAP that are to be complied with by the individual industries. Mr. Ajay from ALEAP and Mr. Raghu from Murty & Manyam proposed the guidelines to be followed by entrepreneurs during the construction of their individual industrial buildings.
Feedback from the stakeholders:
Stakeholders have accepted the draft design concept and master plan, but raised few queries, which include:
- Entrepreneurs have accepted to have uniform exterior building design but the interiors will change as per their line of activity and requirements.
- Mrs Manisri asked about the clarifications on building layout design for which Mrs.RamaDevi and Mr. Raghu clarified that internal layout can be done as per the convenient of entrepreneurs, but external design should be uniform in every building
- Mrs.karuna asked about the restriction of building height to G+2 .later she was explained that to generate solar power ALEAP proposed to restrict the height of the buildings.
- Mrs. Gouri asked ALEAP to provide the training in Handmade paper Making. She has confirmed to attend the training program to be organized by Development Alternatives from March 10th onwards.
- Mrs. Deepti asked whether she can start a commercial activity like Bank in the Ground floor and industrial activity in the first floor. Mrs. Rama Devi, president, ALEAP explained that the all the commercial activities required for this industrial estate will provided at common facilities
- Mrs. Vijaya asked that Cold storage is also included in the common facilities. Mrs. Rama Devi told that it is also included
- Some entrepreneurs suggested that Southwest corner should not open as per Vastu and North-east corner should be open for each building.
Mrs. Rama Devi also mentioned that detailed guidelines will be provided, which needs to be strictly followed to ensure the estate is Green Estate. The meeting ended with the vote of thanks by Ms. Padmaja, Secretary, ALEAP.
Participants in the meeting
Mr. Raghuram, Murthy & Manyam, presenting building concepts of ALEAP GRIP
Mr. Hrishikesh Mahadev, GIZ, presenting environmental initiatives to be taken up in ALEAP GRIP