Training of Trainers (ToT) (AdaptCap): Climate Change Adaptation & Mitigation in Urban Areas , 8-9 November 2012, Chennai
GIZ’s AdaptCap project organised a Training of Trainers in Chennai on ‘Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation in Urban Areas’ on November 8 and 9, 2012. AVVAI, AGS, ICLEI and GIZ discussed the deliverables in terms of climate change adaptation and mitigation trainings in six cities by the end of 2012.
The objective of the workshop was to create an understanding on Climate Change related issues at the city level, how to address the challenges and how to support the municipalities for developing responses or plans for meeting the challenges. This workshop material and modules would be used by the trained personnel, in actual implementation of the trainings on ‘Cities and Climate Change’ for the municipal authorities in the project cities. The workshop contained modules on:
- Understanding the theory behind Climate Change, Climate Change Adaptation & Mitigation, and its relevance to Urban Areas
- Identifying city level strategies to address and mitigate impacts
- Identifying key adaptation and mitigation measures for urban areas
- Understanding the process of developing action plans and identifying key implementers
- Exploring the institutional mechanism at the urban level which will help address adaptation and mitigation in cities